Extra 5% offEnhanced HomeInsurance
- Building means the following: For Housing Development Board (HDB) flats, condominiums, apartments or cluster houses, it will include the building structure (but not the foundations), fixtures and fittings based on HDB's or the property developer's standard specifications. This means Income will not cover areas you do not own or which are not provided just for your use. For example, this can include shared areas such as corridors, car parks, stairways, lift lobbies and swimming pools. For landed properties such as bungalows, semi-detached and terrace houses, it will include the building structure (but not the foundations), garages, outbuildings, swimming pools, terraces, footpaths, driveways, gardens, gates, fences and other private areas you own and which the public do not have access to.
- Contents means any physical and movable household items or personal belongings including money and valuables kept within the premises that belong to you or your family members. But it does not include, amongst other items, motor vehicles, pets and items connected with your business or trade. Please refer to the policy contract for the exclusions and the benefit sub-limits for each type of content.
- Renovations means improvements and additions made within the premises by you or any previous owner or tenant in the form of fixtures and fittings. For example, this could include flooring, built-in wardrobes and kitchen cabinets. They do not form part of the building cover.
- Fire is an insured event.
- Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tanks, apparatus or pipes in your premises (but not damage to water tanks, apparatus and pipes and expenses for tracing the source of the leak). The premises must not be left unoccupied. Unoccupied means when the premises have not been lived in by you, or by a person authorised by you, for more than 60 days in a row.
- Actual or attempted theft as long as force and violence are used to get into or out of the premises. You must not leave the premises unoccupied. Unoccupied means when the premises have not been lived in by you, or by a person authorised by you, for more than 60 days in a row.
- The personal accident cover will apply if you, your husband, wife or children are involved in an accident within the premises which causes an injury and due only to this accident, you or they die or become permanently disabled within 90 days from the date of the accident. The amount of benefit payable is subject to the scale of compensation in the policy contract. Premises means the residential property which you insure at the address shown in the policy contract. This does not include shared areas as described in Income's definition of building.
- Income has arranged for the appointed Emergency Home Assistance company to provide policyholders with emergency plumbing, electrician, locksmith, pest control and air-conditioner repair services 24/7, subject to policy conditions. This bonus service is a complimentary service provided to you. It does not form part of the benefit provided under the policy contract. Income reserves the right to amend or discontinue the service at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice. Learn more at www.income.com.sg/home-insurance/EHA.